There a lot of threads on the internet where people have issues with VPN being slow after an update to iOS 7.1.
After some research I figured out what causes the problem. Here’s how to fix it:
- Login to your home router.
- Search around for WMM and disable this feature.
This will fix the problem. If disable WMM on your router is too difficult, an option is to buy a new Linksys WRT54GL.
Update: Another possible solution is to use a L2TP/IPSec instead of PPTP tunnel.
Update 9-8-2014, another possible fix:
What I did specifically was:
– Go to Settings / Wi-fi.
– Click on the blue i in the circle to the right of the active Wi- fi connection
– Make a note of the data entries for the DHCP tab
– Select the Static tab and manually enter the same data noted from the DHCP tab
Did the above solutions work for you? Please comment below :)