A few days ago, I was updating Windows XP and got the Windows Update error 80070420. Here is a method on how to fix it. Take the following steps:
- Go to Start, Control Panel
- Open Add / Remove Programs
- Search for the following:[ad#hoofdbanner]
- If you see the above item, click Remove. Reboot your computer afterwards. If you don’t see the link, proceed to the next step.
- Open the following link and install the software: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en
- Reboot your computer.
- Try Windows XP update again.
The problem should now be solved!