iSlsk is a great app for the iPhone that enables you to use p2p on your iPhone. You can use it to download music to your phone.
I installed it through Installer.app, but I a got an error message when I tried to put the music into my iTunes database.
The error message I got was “Your Firewire GUID couldn’t be recognized and therefore music importing will not be available“.
There are 2 possible fixes for this problem.
– You can do this automatically:
Add this to your sources in Installer.app:
Install the following application via Installer.app. Look at the Hijinks Inc. category and install this:
Firewire GUID Patch for iSlsk
– You can also do this manually through SSH’ing to your iPhone ( if you don’t know how to do this, use the automatic way ):
1. Make sure that you have the “ioreg” binary in /usr/bin/
2. If you do not have it, download it here. After that, move it to /usr/bin/
3. Run the following commands:
4. chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg
5. chown -R mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/
6. Download libncurses.5.dylib
7. Upload libncurses.5.dylib to /usr/lib
8. chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib*
9. Restart your iPhone
If you still have the FireWire GUID error, continue with the following commands:
10. mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads
11. chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/
12. ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media